Direct Support Professionals
NOW OFFERING HIGHER STARTING WAGES!
Homes for Independent Living (HIL) operates more than 100 programs located in more than 14 Wisconsin counties. We are an industry leader in providing the best in residential and community-based services for individuals with a wide array of disabilities. We are hiring for our physical and/or developmental disabilities programs that provide support services to adults that may have medical needs in addition to personal cares. Our CBRF programs may serve up to 8 individuals.
HIL is looking for reliable caregivers to join our team. If you are a hard worker who strives to do their best, you may find that you would thrive as a caregiver at HIL. The ideal candidate is a friendly, patient, and dedicate caregiver who takes pride in helping others. Your positive attitude will make a difference in the lives of others!
Full-time is 2nd and 3rd shift (some sleeping 3rds)
Part-time is 1st and 2nd shift
*schedules include every other weekend and holiday*
Starting pay is $11.00 per hour and up depending on experience and assigned program. HIL offers competitive benefits including being 100% employee-owned! Enjoy the benefit of being an owner in the company!
We are looking for team members who will embrace our Beliefs and Behaviors: Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Openness, Continuous Learning and Innovation.
As a member of the care team, you will assist the individuals we support in the following ways:
- Health monitoring including medication administration, etc..
- High level of personal cares including personal hygiene, showering, dressing, etc…
- Utilization of specialized equipment for client mobility
- Daily living activities such as meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Community integration skills and recreational activities
- Potential for redirect challenging behaviors
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma, equivalent, or three years of equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated skill and/or potential in working with individuals with special needs in a supportive environment.
- Exceptional communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide high level of physically demanding care to clients, such as but not limited to, transporting to/from wheelchair, bathing, toileting, and dressing
- Ability to maintain self-composure and self-control under stressful conditions
- Clients may exhibit aggressive, challenging, or offensive behaviors
- Valid Wisconsin Class D driver's license for 3 years with an acceptable driving record per HIL's policy
- Access to an insured vehicle is strongly preferred
- Successful completion of a caregiver background check as mandated by Wisconsin Chapter DHS 12
- Successful completion of a pre-employment TB test and health screen
We maintain a drug-free workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer. Men, Women, Minorities, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.