Under the direction of the Plant Manager the basic and chief function of the Maintenance Supervisor is to perform activities relating to building and machine maintenance throughout the entire facility. Supervises maintenance personnel on all shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
1. Review and adjust the work schedule to meet production needs and commitments. Emergency call-out 24 hours/day is required.
2. Ensure all facility equipment is in proper working condition.
3. Maintain accurate repair and maintenance records on all equipment.
4. Ensure all tools and supplies are available for equipment maintenance.
5. Obtain necessary permits as required and assure work performed meets applicable codes.
6. Recommend improvements in operation and on equipment to improve quality and productivity of work.
7. Development and maintain preventative maintenance program for all equipment. Work with outside vendors as required.
8. Serve as a role model for all personnel through demonstrated enthusiasm, commitment, and willingness to do whatever it takes to do quality work.
9. Ensure compliance with WPC policies pertaining to methods, procedures, records, reports, conduct, etc. of all employees under your direction.
10. Order and maintain inventory of necessary parts/supplies to ensure productivity.
11. Recommends training needs to Human Resources.
12. Integrity regarding confidential and proprietary information.
- Maintain strong employee relationships encouraging suggestion for improvements in their individual areas of operation.
- Demonstrate good judgment and reasoning when investigating and solving problems.
- Evaluates the performance of maintenance department employees at least yearly.
- Promotes a positive working environment that supports management decisions and teamwork.
- Enhances job growth through continuing education as necessary.
- Ensures that the customer is our first priority.