The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the shipment of product to our customers. The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the accuracy of shipments and meeting all documented service requirements. This person plans, orders and directs all activities within the Shipping Department. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Provides daily direction and leadership to the Shipping Department team members; Makes recommendations for manpower needs including involvement in recruitment and selection process as well as employee terminations in the Shipping Department
- Accountable for staffing, training, motivation and leadership within area of responsibility; Develops a team work environment; Builds departmental standards for performance; Ensures that all employees in the Shipping Department are properly trained
- Ensures that materials shipped are verified against pertinent documentation
- Establishes and maintains procedures for determining and meeting company and customer delivery commitments by handling materials, providing labor, and effective use of time
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continual improvement within the department and the company
- Follows shipping methods for materials using the operations procedures; Resolves emergent issues for expedited deliveries to the customer and/or job site
- Monitors the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of inbound and outbound shipments
- Maintains working relationships with transportation representatives, vendors and suppliers to ensure cost control and competitiveness
- Interfaces with customers regarding product delivery time schedules, coordinates vendor acceptance
- Interfaces with other departments to resolve problems with timely delivery or disposition of order cancellations • Monitors and tracks shipping vendor performance
- Negotiates shipping costs • Schedules and tracks all inbound and outbound shipments • Ensures that daily goals are met and sustained daily/weekly/monthly.