The Friends of Haumerson's Pond Inc. intent is to bring the Haumerson's Pond recreation area back to life. The group is currently in the process of raising funds to build a warming house/trail head building to serve the park. Future plans call for creating hiking/biking/x-country ski and snowshoe trails in the park. Handicapped access fishing, canoeing and a championship 18 hole disc golf course are also slated for the park. The goal of the group is to foster community involvement and create the park by the community for the community through volunteer labor where possible.
Our mission is to finance and build the capitol improvements within the park for the City of Fort Atkinson who will take ownership of the project when complete. The Friends of Haumerson's Pond will continue to oversee and be active participants in park activities and capitol improvements in an ongoing basis.
The Friends of Haumerson's Pond Inc. was formed to bring back an important part of Fort Atkinson that has essentially been missing for approximately 20 years. The very formation of the pond dates to the very beginnings of Fort Atkinson as a city. In 1865, LM Roberts started the Fort Atkinson Brick Manufacturing Co. on the site. There he found the proper clay to create the Cream City Brick that built Fort Atkinson's Main St. buildings, the original (recently refurbished) Water Tower and many brick homes in the area. Visit our website for more history.
Parking located at the end of Zida Street off South Fourth Street East.